Classic Car Insurance
Why buy classic car insurance?
You may have noticed there’s a big difference between collector car insurance policies and regular use policies, including cost. Hagerty collector car insurance boasts low premiums and excellent coverage. Other benefits include:
- Agreed Value Coverage – In case of a total loss, you get the full amount of insured value on your collector car insurance policy.
- No Deductible – In most states, you pay nothing if you have a claim.
- Flexible Usage – Enjoy your classic with comfortable classic car insurance limits.
- In-House Claims – Your claim is handled by a collector car insurance expert.
- Repair Shop of Choice – Take your car to your favorite repair shop.
- Restoration Coverage – Protect your classic with classic car insurance and increase value during the active project.
What collector cars are covered?
Hagerty offers collector car insurance for the following types of vehicles:
- Antiques and classic cars
- Muscle cars
- Exotic and special interest
- Street rods
- Modern classics
- Replicas (high quality)
- Fire trucks
- Low riders
- Military vehicles
- Motorcycles and scooters
- Vehicles under active restoration
What’s not covered?
Hagerty does not provide collector car insurance for these vehicle types:
- Inexpensive home-built kits that do not replicate a classic vehicle
- Any vehicles used for camping, off-road or utility-type driving
- Pro-street vehicles modified with racing features like roll cages, nitrous systems, parachutes, etc.
- Regular-use vehicles driven on a daily basis
- Vehicles used primarily for commercial use
- No motorcycles with performance modifications
- Any vehicle modified with nitrous systems, blown alcohol systems or that run on nitro-methane
- Dune buggies