Choosing auto insurance from Choice Insurance Agency means choosing wide-ranging coverages that protect you, your family and your car. Select from options including Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability, Comprehensive and Collision, Rental Reimbursement, Roadside Assistance and more.

Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability

Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability covers your legal liability for a covered accident that involves injury to another person or damage to someone’s property, up to the limit of liability you select.

If your limits are 15/30/10, this means:

  • No more than $15,000 would be paid per person for Bodily Injury
  • No more than $30,000 would be paid per accident for Bodily Injury
  • No more than $10,000 would be paid per accident for Property Damage


You are at fault for an accident that injured two people and damaged another vehicle. The other driver’s total medical bills were $1,000 and the other passenger’s total medical bills were $1,500.

The damage to the other vehicle was $5,000. All injuries and damages would be covered because they fall within the Liability limits you selected. Each person’s injuries were less than $15,000, and the amount for all injuries was less than $30,000. The other vehicle’s damage also was below the $10,000 Property Damage Liability limit.

On the other hand, if you are at fault for an accident and the medical bills from the injuries or property damage that you cause exceed your limits of liability, you are responsible for the remaining damage, which might put your personal assets at risk.


Comprehensive and Collision

Comprehensive and Collision coverages pay to repair or replace your auto if it is stolen or damaged in an accident, regardless of who is at fault. For each coverage, you select a deductible that you pay out of pocket. Your insurance company pays for the remaining damage up to the limits you select.

With Collision coverage, your insurance company pays for damage to your auto when you collide with another vehicle or object. If you hit a car, a pole or another nonliving object, Collision coverage will apply.

With Comprehensive coverage, your insurance company pays for damage to your auto caused by an event other than a collision, such as fire, theft or vandalism. If you hit an animal, or if your auto is flooded or stolen, Comprehensive coverage will apply.


Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist

When the person at fault for an accident does not have insurance, Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury will cover injuries and damages you incur that the at-fault party is legally liable for, such as medical treatment and lost wages up to the limits you select.

If your injury expenses exceed the at-fault party’s Liability limits, you can use Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury coverage to pay for the amount not covered by the at-fault person’s insurance. Similar to Uninsured Motorist coverage, Underinsured Motorist coverage is designed to cover the gap between the other person’s Liability limits and the amount of your injury expenses, up to the Underinsured Motorist limits you select.

If the driver or owner of a vehicle is legally liable for an accident but does not have insurance or does not have enough insurance, you can use Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Property Damage (UMPD) to cover damage to your insured auto, up to the limits you select. In some states, UMPD is available as an alternative to Collision coverage. Certain exclusions may apply. Refer to your policy.

A driver who has no insurance rear-ends your car while you’re sitting at a stop sign. Your car has $2,000 in damage. You go to the doctor because your neck is hurting, and your total medical bills equal $300. Your Uninsured Motorist limits are $20,000/$40,000/$15,000, which means your injuries and the damage to your car fall within these limits and will be covered.


Loan/Lease Payoff

Loan/Lease Payoff coverage pays the difference between what you owe on your vehicle and what your insurance pays if your vehicle is declared a total loss or stolen and not recovered, less yourComprehensive or Collision deductible. Both Comprehensive and Collision coverage are required before you can add Loan/Lease Payoff to your policy.

You can purchase Loan/Lease Payoff coverage for vehicles that you lease or for which you have an unpaid loan. This coverage is only available if your loan or lease is held by a financial institution, not an individual.

After your Comprehensive coverage or your Collision coverage has paid you the actual cash value for your vehicle, less your deductible, your Loan/Lease Payoff coverage will pay the difference between the actual cash value and any additional amount you owe under the terms of your vehicle lease or loan (excepting fees and charges). However, the payment made under this coverage may not exceed 25 percent of the actual cash value.

Medical Payments

Medical Payments (MedPay) coverage pays the cost of necessary medical care you receive as a result of an auto accident and can be used regardless of who is at fault. MedPay often is limited to medical treatment received within the first three years after an accident and is limited to a specific dollar amount. In some states, MedPay only applies after other medical insurance is exhausted. Refer to your policy for details.

You sustain $2,000 in injuries from an accident in which you ran into a tree. You do not have any health insurance, which means you can use your MedPay coverage, up to the $1,000 limit you selected, for your injuries. You are responsible for the other $1,000 in medical bills.

Custom Parts and Equipment/Accessory Coverage

When you purchase Comprehensive or Collision coverage, at least $1,000 of Custom Parts and Equipment (CPE)/Accessory coverage is included in most states. You can purchase up to $4,000 in additional CPE coverage to cover up to $5,000 custom parts and equipment. Certain limitations apply to this coverage.

CPE covers permanently attached equipment, devices, accessories, enhancements and changes, other than those that the manufacturer originally installs, that alter the appearance or performance of an automobile. This includes, but is not limited to:

  • Special roofs and deluxe roof treatment
  • All custom paint work and deluxe exterior
  • Chrome and reverse chrome
  • Alloy or magnesium wheels/wheel covers, aluminum wheels or wire-spoke wheels
  • Special tires
  • Chrome engine accessories
  • Racing slicks, oversize tires or custom wide-tread tires
  • Camper tops, T-Bar roof and T-tops including glass
  • TV, VCR or DVD players that are permanently installed in the vehicle
  • Anti-theft equipment not installed by the auto manufacturer
  • Aftermarket racing seats or leather seats not installed by the auto manufacturer
  • Alcohol detection systems that are not permanently installed


Examples of unacceptable custom equipment:

  • TVs, radios and CD players and similar electronic devices that are not permanently installed in the vehicle
  • Radar detectors
  • Tapes, CDs and containers used to store them
  • CB radios, telephones or two-way mobile radios that are not permanently installed in the vehicle
  • Alcohol detection systems that are not permanently installed


Special manufacturer trim packages, such as special editions, sport packages or packages featuring specific designers or outdoor outfitters are not considered additional equipment.

Please note: We recommended you take photos of the custom parts and equipment installed in or on your vehicle and save all your receipts.

Your car has a custom paint job, aluminum wheels and special tires that total $5,000. Because this custom equipment exceeds the automatic $1,000 CPE coverage given with Comprehensive or Collision coverage, you purchase an additional $4,000 in CPE coverage to ensure the parts are covered if they’re damaged in an accident.

Rental Reimbursement

Rental Reimbursement provides rental car coverage if you have a claim that is covered under Comprehensive or Collision coverage. Daily rental amounts are subject to the limit purchased.

If you purchase Rental Reimbursement for $30/day, you will be reimbursed up to $30 per day, up to 30 days, for rental charges you incur due to a claim covered by your Comprehensive or Collision coverage.

Roadside Assistance

Roadside Assistance coverage provides towing to the nearest qualified repair facility and covers a specified amount of the necessary labor at the place of breakdown when your automobile is disabled due to any of the following:

  • Mechanical or electrical breakdown
  • Dead battery
  • Flat tire
  • Lockout, or lost or stolen keys. (We dispatch a qualified service provider; you only pay for the cost of the keys.)
  • Insufficient supply of fuel, oil, water or other fluids
  • Entrapment in snow, mud, water or sand within 100 feet of the roadway


Progressive’s Roadside Assistance coverage provides immediate sign and drive assistance, which means you have no out-of-pocket expenses — just sign the receipt and you’re back on your way. Roadside Assistance is available 24/7.

Some states require you to have Comprehensive and Collision coverage in order to add Roadside Assistance to your policy.

Pet Injury Coverage

What Is Pet Injury Coverage?

Pets are part of your family, and when you take them with you in the car, they’re your passengers, too. So shouldn’t they be covered by your auto insurance policy? We think so.

That’s why we offer up to $1,000 of coverage for your dog or cat if they’re injured or worse when you’re in a car accident, or during a fire or theft. And, it’s free! That’s right. Progressive’s Pet Injury coverage is automatically included in your Collision coverage.*

When Can You Use Pet Injury Coverage?

If you can use Collision coverage, you can use Pet Injury coverage for pets you or relatives who live with you have. If you’re ever in an accident and your dog or cat is injured, Progressive pays up to $1000 towards vet bills. Coverage also extends to a cat or dog owned by a relative who lives with you.

Pet Injury coverage is built in to your Collision coverage — there’s no added cost if you choose to use it or not use it. It’s just one more way we let you know we care about you and your family, human or otherwise.

How Is Pet Injury Coverage Different from Pet Insurance?

Progressive’s Pet Injury coverage protects your dog or cat from injuries that result from accidents when they’re inside your vehicle. Pet Injury coverage is not pet insurance, which covers your pet in the event of illness or injury.

Pet insurance pays for vet bills when your pet is sick or hurt. With pet insurance, you pay the bill and are reimbursed by the pet insurance company. Many plans have deductibles, maximums and even coinsurance. Pet insurance does not necessarily cover all medical conditions for your pet, so make sure you get all the facts before you buy.

Pet Injury coverage is built into your Collision coverage on your Progressive auto insurance policy. Your dogs and cats are covered for vet costs up to $1,000 when they’re hurt in an accident.